Table of Contents
- 1 Gates Cambridge Scholarship UK 2020 Details:
Gates Cambridge Scholarship in UK 2020 is inviting students to apply for the fully-funded scholarship throughout the world.
Bill Gates & Melinda Gates Foundation is providing this opportunity that is one of the largest single donations to a UK University.
All international students are eligible to apply for this fully funded scholarship at Cambridge University UK.
You can get a scholarship in any one of all academic disciplines available at the University.
Gates Cambridge will offer 80 Full Cost scholarships to Applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree for the year 2020.
The aim of the Gates Scholarship Program is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
Duration of the Scholarship:
- Ph.D. Degree: 3 Year, 4 Year, 5 Year, 7 Year
- Master Degree: 1 Year, 2 Year
Gates Cambridge Scholarship UK 2020 Details:
- Bill Gates & Melinda Gates
- Ph.D., MSc/MLitt, Master Degree, Diploma
- Fully Funded
Available Fields & Majors:
Gates Cambridge is offering scholarships to Applicants in all Academic Disciplines Available at Cambridge University. Few of them are mentioned below almost All-Academic Fields are Available.
- Bio logical
- Engineering (All Fields)
- Social Science
- Islamic Studies
- Astronomy Etc.
You Can Check the Full List of Courses (CLICK HERE)
Courses Which are Not Eligible:
These courses are not eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Bill Gates Scholarship Value:
- International students will be befitted from the following benefits.
University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A Maintenance Allowance for a Single Student (£17,500 for 12 months at the 2020-21 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for Ph.D. scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- One Economy Round Airfare Ticket at both the beginning and end of the Course.
- Inbound Visa Costs & the Cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
The Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic Development Funding: From up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family Allowance: Up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork: You may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity Funding: Should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship Funding: For unforeseen difficulties.
Requirements & Eligibility Criteria of Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
Following are requirements and eligibility criteria of Bill Gates Scholarship For International Students:
- You must be a Citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- Postgraduate Course (Master)
Here is the Eligibility Checker (CLICK HERE). You can check the eligibility by visiting the link.
- Online Application
- Gates Cambridge Statement
- Research proposal (Ph.D. applicants only)
- Gates Cambridge reference
- Read details about each point here CLICK HERE
Deadline to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2020:
Deadline varies according to the course selected and those who are from the USA so the deadline for USA Applicants is 9 October 2019.
CLICK HERE to know about the deadline for your chosen course.
How to Apply:
Below are the links of the official website and apply link.