Applications are welcomed for the International Youth Camp in Turkey 2018.
It is a Fully Funded Program by the Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC).
It is one of the great opportunity for the youth to share common values, historical and cultural heritage towards strengthening the ties of friendship and brotherhood among them and their societies.
Cost of the program:
It is Fully Sponsored by the Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC) covering
The Round-trip travel expenses from his/her own country to Samsun Airport including the participant’s visa,
medical and travel insurance and personal expenses,
Meals, and accommodation.
In this International Youth Camp Participants will build a powerful future on shared values so as to contribute to the development of future young leaders sensitive about global and social issues, promoting the well-being of society and humanity at all points, preserving their values.
- Youth Camp in Samsun/Turkey.
- 17 – 23 September 2018 (Arrival: 17th September
- Departure: 23rd September 2018).
Selection & Eligibility Criteria:
- To be a citizen of the OIC Member State or representative of the Muslim community in the non-OIC Member States.
- Check Your Country here (http://www.oicexchanges.org/members/oic-member-state-countries).
- Applicant must be able to speak English.
- Age limit 18 – 30.
- To have some media background (study, work experience or interest). You are also welcomed if you have interest regarding media
- Involved in/coordinated any media related project.
- Active in community services. (Like Volunteer Activities etc.)
International Youth Camp Program Details:
This Summer School Turkey Islamic Conference Youth Forum for Dialogue and Cooperation (ICYF-DC), an international institution affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), announces the below call for application issued by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Turkey on “Youth Media Capacity Building Summer Camp” to be held within the framework of the “Al-Quds Ash-Sharif – OIC Youth Capital 2018”International Programme.
In order to reach the goals and create a better environment for the young people, this international Youth camp will be a combination of thematic workshops, interactive presentations, and sportive activities.
It will encourage the active involvement of young people, giving them space to express themselves and to strengthen up ties between them through interactive workshops and sport.
- To explore the key elements.
- To learn to evaluate the reliability of sources and to approach any information critically;
- To explore the interrelation between media messages and tolerance/intolerance in our societies, especially in regards to the topic of migrant and refugee crisis;
- To learn how to distinguish between media and audience bias;
- To build the capacity of Muslim Youth in terms of leadership skills and empower them through meaningful participation in the media;
- To facilitate young people’s connection to heritage, language, culture, and identity through media participation;
- To explore and understand media and youth participation in media with cultural diversity as concepts and group processes;
- To provide tools for multiplication and development of youth participation in media.
Announcement of Selected Candidate:
- The selected participants will receive an email confirmation with the detail of the logistics.
- Due to limited timing, the first come first serve principle will be considered and there won’t be an opportunity to inform those who are not selected.
- The general information on selection results will be posted at ICYF-DC website (www.icyf-dc.org) and social media accounts.
- 5 August 2018.
For further questions, please contact MS. Tuğba Ceren ÇERÇİ, Project Coordinator at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Phone: +902124653939(Ext: 22) between 11:00 AM and 06:00 PM (GMT+3) from Monday to Friday.
Important! Only selected participants will be informed.