Table of Contents
Applications are opened for the SUSI Pakistan Summer Exchange Program 2019 to the United States of America. SUSI is a 6 Weeks, Fully Funded SUSI Program 2018 Pakistan by U.S Department of State.
It is Only for Pakistani Students with little requirements as you Don’t need IELTS/TOEFL or high CGPA to apply for the SUSI Exchange Program 2019.
SUSI Summer Exchange Program for Pakistani students is for Undergraduate Pakistani students, currently enrolled at any university in Pakistan.
It will be a Short Term cultural exchange program for Pakistani students at a University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
It is a great opportunity by SUSI offering cultural/academic, a Leadership exchange free study in the USA for Pakistani students
The aim of the SUSI Pakistan Cultural Exchange Program is to promote a mutual understanding between the people of the United States & Pakistan. The time duration of the exchange program will be 6 Weeks in the United States
Details Of SUSI Program 2018 Pakistan:
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- 5-6 Weeks
No. of Students:
- 30 students from Pakistan
- Fully Funded
Have a look at SUSI Exchange Program 2018 Guide | All You Need to Know
- The Undergraduate students from Pakistan interested in the topic of Local, State, & Federal Public Policymaking are invited to apply for participation in the Study of the United States Institute for Student Leaders.
- SUSI Student Exchange programs is a Leadership Program, Not an Academic Program. CGPA is NOT required in this program. The program will be intensive, academic, and highly interactive.
All candidates will have a strong interest in public policy, their fields of study might vary and can include disciplines such as Politics, Law, Engineering, Medicine, Science, Biotechnology, Business, Economics, International Development, Management, and others.
What will be Cover Under SUSI?
All Cost will be funded by the US Department of State. Following things will be cover in SUSI 2019 Summer Exchange program.
- Round Airfare Travel Economy Class Tickets.
- VISA Fee.
- Airport Expenses ($150-$175).
- Monthly Stipend Up to $15,00 for the whole Program.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner).
- Full Accommodation.
- All Field Trips inside the US.
- They will Give a Brand New IPAD.
- Mobile Phone for Communication.
- The Pakistani students will also travel to New York City, Boston, Charlottesville, Virginia and Washington, D.C. during a two-week Free tour.
Students will be evaluated on the following characteristics For SUSI US Exchange program
- If you are enrolled in a Two-year bachelor’s program, you are eligible to apply if you are NOT in your final year of study. Final year students are not eligible to apply.
- If you are enrolled in a Four-year bachelor program you can apply if you have at least one semester of study remaining. Final semester students are not eligible to apply.
- If you are enrolled in a Five-year Medical OR MBBS program you can apply if you have at least one semester of study remaining. Final semester students are not eligible to apply.
- Participants must be committed to returning home to complete their degrees.
- Have a strong interest in public policy.
- Be fluent in English.
- Age between 18 and 25 years of age.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to community and extracurricular university activities
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive.
- Willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel.
- Be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of the home country.
What Saim Rasheed, ALUMNI of SUSI exchange program says about eligibility criteria when he was applying
“When I was Applying For SUSI 2017 in November. I was in my 8th Semester of 4 Year Bachelors Degree. I was Selected. So, Try Your Luck those who are in their Final Semester.“
- Do not attach transcripts with your application; only mention your grades/GPA. You will be required to present original transcripts at the time of interview if you are shortlisted.
English Language Fluency Evidence:
- A letter from your institution confirming your English language fluency.
Note: However the English Proficiency Certificate certificate is NOT required with form.
- Interviews: Interviews will take place in late December 2018 OR in the First Week of January at a location specified at a later date or it will be Skype or Telephonic Interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Final Result: The list of finalists and alternates will be announced by approximately mid-March 2019.
- Passport & Visa: Selected participants will need to obtain passports & apply for U.S. visas with the assistance of the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy. (They will Guide You).
- Travel to the US: Participants will travel to the United States in the Summer of 2019.
Deadline of SUSI Program 2018 Pakistan:
- December 4, 2018.
How to Apply (Important)
- Download link of the susi program 2018 application form is Given below.
- The Form is in MS Word.
- Fill the Application Form.
- Convert the Completed Application Form into PDF.
Email Your PDF Application Form at IslamabadExchanges@state.gov
While Emailing Your Application Form kindly use the following format for the Subject Line: Applicant Name, Name of Institution, City in which you study, for e.g. Asad Qureshi, AUP, Peshawar. (First impression is the last one, so if you really want to go then don’t ignore these small things as well).
- Chinese Government Scholarship for Pakistani Students 2018-2019
- CERN Junior Fellowship Programme 2018 [Fully Funded] Switzerland
Have a look at the previous video