Table of Contents
Applications are invited to apply for the SZU scholarship 2020 for all international students in one of the best Universities of Shenzhen University China.
The city of Shenzhen is a well-known special economic zone in China, which is adjacent to the international metropolis of Hong Kong and Macao. It is one of the most developed, most modern and internationalized regions in China.
Shenzhen University is one of the fast-developing universities in China with its distinctive features, huge potential, and great popularity.
It is now accelerating its steps to reach the goal of becoming a top modern university. Shenzhen University is actively recruiting foreign students to pursue their doctoral degrees. The specific provisions are hereby promulgated as follows:
SZU Scholarship 2020 At A Glance:
- Shenzhen University
- From 1st March to 30th April
You might also be interested to apply for
Majors Offered by SZU Scholarship 2020:
Shenzhen University has been authorized to confer doctoral degrees in
- Theoretical Economics
- Management Science and Economic Decision
- Chinese Language and Literature
- Optical Engineering
- Optomechatronics Engineering and Application
- Information and Communications Engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
- Big Data Science and Technology
- Urban Informatics
- Civil Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering(Molecular Medicine/ Engineering Direction.
All twelve majors are available for application. Please check the attachment of 2020 Admission Ph.D. Programs and Supervisors for International Students.
Study form and Duration(SZU Scholarship 2020 )
1. Full-time study:
2. The normal duration is 3 years, with a maximum of 5 years.
- The applicant should be non-Chinese citizens with valid foreign passports, and should be good in physical and mental health and shall abide by the laws and regulations of China and the rules of the school.
- Applicants should hold Master’s degree or above, and should be under the age of 40.
- Applicants should meet the requirements for admission in academic performance, academic ability and other qualifications. Applicants should also be proficient in Chinese or English, and can use Chinese or English for communication, course study, subject research and dissertation writing.
Application Time and Method:
- Contact the potential supervisor and ask for a Letter of Recommendation from him/her if possible.
- Please log in the website of College of International Exchange: http://lxs.szu.edu.cn
- Click to enter On-line Admission-I have read the above agreements-I agree and then register
- Log in system and fill in personal information-Visa Information- documents upload-Submit
Please prepare the following materials before applying：
- Scanned copy of the certificate and diploma of Master’s degree
- Scanned copy of the transcripts of all courses during the postgraduate period
- Scanned copies of two recommendation letters (the recommendation letters shall be provided by professors or associate professors)
- Scanned copy of self-statement (The self-statement should be around 1500 words, and written in English or Chinese, and should include: the intended major and supervisor, personal experience of study and work, academic research results, etc.)
- Scanned copy of passports
- Scanned copy of the Photo
- Scanned copy of Letter of Recommendation from potential supervisor/ advisor.
- Non-criminal Record Report (both original and Chinese translated copies)
* All certificates, diplomas and transcripts must be issued and notarized by the valid authorities.
* All the documents must be translated in Chinese or English by a responsible translation company.
*Applicants who provide incomplete materials will not be accepted. The materials above won’t be returned whether you are admitted or not.
Tuition fees and scholarship and other fees:
1. Application Fee: 200RMB
2. Tuition Fee for Liberal Arts: 34,000 RMB/person/year
- Tuition Fee for Science and Engineering: 40,000 RMB/person/year
- Tuition Fee for Medicine/Arts/Physical: 52,000 RMB/person/year
3. Scholarship and Grants
(1) University scholarship for Liberal Arts: 34,000 RMB/person/year
- University scholarship for Science and Engineering: 40,000 RMB/person/year
- University scholarship for Medicine/Arts/Physical: 52,000 RMB/person/year
- University scholarship is used to pay tuition fees.
(2) Basic Grants
- SZU will provide a basic stipend of 40,000RMB per year which will be offered by 12 months.
(3) Research allowance from supervisors
- Supervisors will provide a certain amount of allowance for doctoral students each year as research subsidies or academic exchange subsidies.
- Students can have preferential treatment such as scholarships, grants fees for the first extended year of study. Such preferential treatment is not available from the second extended year of study.
- After the application deadline, SZU will organize a panel of experts to review the application documents. SZU will admit doctoral applicants based on the overall assessment of theirs scores and all other supporting documents. During the process, long-distance or face-to-face interviews will be conducted, if necessary.
- In June 2020, pre-admission results will be sent to applicants via email.
- In July 2020, after confirmation of the list of admitted applicants, admission materials will be posted to applicants according to the address provided by the applicants on the application form.
- Students who are accepted should apply for the X1 visa at their country’s Chinese Embassy (or Chinese Consulate) with “Shenzhen University Admission Notice” and “Visa Application for Study in China(JW202)”, and change X1 visa into a Residence permit for Foreign Students within 30 days after they enter China. Students who don’t apply for the relevant visa and residence permit will have to drop out. SZU doesn’t accept students with non-student visas.
- Students who are accepted must register at the date and the address according to “Shenzhen University Admission Notice”. Registration in advance will not be accepted.
Accommodation and Insurance:
Accommodation: single rooms, double rooms, and en suites are all available. The fees vary from 5,400 to 10,000 RMB for per student per semester. Students need to pay for the selected type of dormitory by themselves. (Water and electricity charges are not included)
Insurance: 400RMB/semester. International students should purchase the group all-risk insurance designated by SZU. Students are required to purchase insurance from the College of International Exchange on registration day. Those who do not purchase the insurance as required will not be able to get registered.
Add: 3rd Floor, Zonghe building, Shenzhen University, 3688 Nanhai Ave, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518060