Table of Contents
Applications are now open for the 5th African World Heritage Youth Forum, a capacity-building exercise focusing on Youth, Entrepreneurship and Heritage Sustainability in Africa.
The Forum places an emphasis on entrepreneurship skills development towards promoting and increasing African youth participation in the stewardship and promotion of World Heritage in Africa in a creative and innovative approach.
The 5th AWHF Youth Forum 2020 aims to:
- Empower African youth through training and mentorship
- Mobilize young people and harness youth creativity and innovation in World Heritage conservation and sustainable development efforts in Africa
- Raise youth awareness and appreciation of issues and threats facing Africa’s heritage
- Gather young people from different backgrounds and encourage them to become responsible guardians and ambassadors of World Heritage across Africa
- Encourage youth to improve their innovation and creative capacities
- SIIT Scholarship 2020 in Thailand | Fully Funded
- DAAD FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIP IN GERMANY
- US Fulbright Scholarship 2020-2021 for Pakistani Students
The duration of Youth Forum 2020 is 28th April to 5th May 2020 at Robben Island, South Africa. The Youth Forum is fully funded that will cover all the expenses of the selected candidates.
5TH AWHF YOUTH FORUM 2020:
- South Africa
- Robben Island, South Africa
- African World Heritage Fund (AWHF)
- International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property (ICCROM)
- Robben Island Museum (RIM)
- Africa Business Group (ABG)
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
Program Duration of 5th AWHF Youth Forum 2020:
- Eight days from 28th April to 5th May 2020
5th African World Heritage Youth Forum 2020 is a fully-funded program where all the expenses will be covered by the host organizations i.e. AWHF, ICCROM, and RIM. These organizations will cover the expenses as under:
- Return Airfare
- Accommodation expenses
- Meals and
- Local Transportation in South Africa
- Australia Awards Scholarships 2020-2021 | Fully Funded
- International Essay Contest in Japan | For Youth 2020
- HBL Management Trainee Program 2020 – Leading to a Job
Financial Benefits of Youth Forum 2020:
It consists of the following benefits:
- The eight-day Forum will consist of interactive oral presentations from youth participants and experts from different fields combined with hands-on activities, group sessions, and discussions, as well as guided visits to Robben Island World Heritage site.
- Participants will gain entrepreneurship knowledge and skills in business opportunity identification and evaluation, business management, financial resources mobilization for business start-ups and/or expansion, entrepreneurial mindset skills, communication and networking, business plan development and sustainability of World Heritage.
- Participants will also benefit from mentorship and technical support from the organizers of the Forum.
Eligibility Criteria of Youth Program 2020:
Selected candidates must fulfill the requirements as under:
- African citizen between the ages: 18 – 35
- Minimum requirements: a post-secondary certified training and/or qualification;
- Fluency in English (being the working language of the Forum) and ability to communicate in at least one of the other three official languages of the African Union (French, Portuguese and Arabic)
- Personal attributes: motivated, active and driven individuals interested in learning how to assess the viability, feasibility, and desirability of new business ideas while engaging in a World Heritage network of young Africans eager to implement the outcomes of the forum in their home countries
- Professional attributes:
- Social entrepreneurs, project holders or anyone looking to start a social enterprise in need of assistance in implementing their projects.
- Entrepreneurs and business owners who need to find new ways to create value in the market.
- Acquainted with online media and digital platforms (social media e.g. Snap chat, Face book, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, digital platforms, etc.).
- Bearers of ideas from different backgrounds and fields bringing innovative solutions to deal with the challenges that many African countries meet in safeguarding African heritage.
Plus, 35 young entrepreneurs from all African countries will be selected for the 5th AWHF Youth Forum 2020.
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
The applicants should apply by following the steps given below:
- A motivation letter (maximum 1 page) detailing your reasons for applying and experiences related to entrepreneurship and heritage
- C V (2 pages maximum)
- A signed letter of recommendation from a university, organization or administrative authority/supervisor or testimonial letter in case of individuals
- Sixty (60) seconds of video pitching and presenting the business idea/existing business.
The complete application package should be submitted at the latest on the 23 February (midnight GMT) via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Late applications will be not be considered.
You might also be interested to apply for
- Abu Dhabi University Scholarships For International Students 2020
- Nanjing University Scholarship Program 2020 – Chinese Government Scholarship
The last date to apply for the 5th AWHF Youth Forum 2020 is 23rd February 2020(Midnight GMT).
You can apply by clicking the button below: