Table of Contents
- 1 Agha Khan Foundation scholarship 2020-2021 At A Glance:
- 1.1 Number of Scholarships:
- 1.2 Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant:
- 1.3 Scholarship Programs Available:
- 1.4 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- 1.5 Residency Requirement
- 1.6 Age Limit
- 1.7 SELECTION CRITERIA
- 1.8 Financial Support:
- 1.9 Loan Conditions
- 1.10 Procedure to Apply for Agha Khan Foundation:
- 1.11 Application Deadline
- 1.12 INTERVIEW AND SELECTION NOTIFICATION
- 1.13 Still Confused???
International Scholarship Programme 2020-21 by Agha Khan Foundation is now open to apply. If you are looking for a scholarship to study abroad so it is one of the best opportunities announced.
Application forms can be obtained from the Aga Khan Foundation or Aga Khan Education Board/Service office in the applicant’s country of current residence.
Agha Khan Foundation scholarship 2020-2021 At A Glance:
- Aga khan foundation
- Master’s scholarships and PhD scholarships
- 31 march (check table below for details)
You might also be interested to apply for these international scholarships
- Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship 2020 (Fully Funded)
- Nanjing University Scholarship Program 2020 – Chinese Government Scholarship
Number of Scholarships:
The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN.
Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant:
50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July.
Scholarship Programs Available:
The Foundation gives priority to requests for Master’s level courses but is willing to consider applications for Ph.D. programs, only in the case of outstanding students who are highly recommended for doctoral studies by their professors and who need a Ph.D. for the fulfillment of their career objectives (academic or research-oriented).
Applications for short-term courses are not considered; neither are applications from students who have already started their course of study.
NOTE: For the 2020-21application cycle, the Foundation will not accept applications from students planning to attend universities in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, The Netherlands, Italy, Norway, and Ireland.
Eligible Countries to apply:
The Foundation accepts applications from nationals of the following countries:
In France, Portugal, UK, USA and Canada, applications are accepted from those who are originally from one of the above-developing countries, are interested in development-related studies and who have no other means of financing their education.
See, Also some other fully funded international scholarships
- Abu Dhabi University Scholarships For International Students 2020
- SZU Scholarship 2020 for International Students |Doctoral Programs
The Foundation only accepts applications of eligible nationals listed above who are residing in one of the countries where there are local Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), or Aga Khan Education Board (AKEB) offices which process applications and interview candidates.
Preference is given to students under 30 years of age.
- The main criteria for selecting award winners are:
- Consistently excellent academic records
- Genuine financial need
- Admission to a highly reputable university or program of study
- The relevance of the field of study to AKDN’s focus areas.
Candidates are also evaluated on demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans, their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals and the likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment. Applicants are expected to have some years of work experience in their field of interest.
- The Foundation assists students with tuition fees and living expenses only.
- The cost of travel is not included in AKF scholarships.
- Funding for Ph.D. programs is only provided for the first two years of study, after which the students are expected to find alternative sources of assistance.
- Financial assistance is provided according to the needs of students, but the ISP must be considered a lender of last resort.
- Applicants are requested to make every effort to obtain funding from other sources as well so that the amount requested from the Foundation can be reduced to a minimum.
- Preference is given to those who have been able to secure some funding from alternative sources.
Half of the scholarship amount is considered as a loan, which must be reimbursed with an annual service charge of 5%. A guarantor is required to co-sign the loan agreement. The payback period is five years, starting six months after the study period funded by the Aga Khan Foundation.
Procedure to Apply for Agha Khan Foundation:
- The application procedures of AKF’s International Scholarship Programme are decentralized.
- Students may obtain application forms as of 1st January each year from AKF offices or Aga Khan Education Services / Boards in their countries of current residence.
- Completed applications should be returned to the agency from which the form was obtained. They should not be sent to Geneva.
The deadline for submission of entire completed applications is 31 March, although in certain countries internal deadlines may be earlier in order to process and review applications. Applicants are advised to contact the local offices for internal deadline dates and requirements as these may vary from country to country. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
INTERVIEW AND SELECTION NOTIFICATION
Applicants should be prepared to be interviewed by local Scholarship Committees about their financial situation, their academic performance, extra-curricular achievements, and career plans.
The annual Scholarship Selection Meeting takes place in late June or early July and the Aga Khan Foundation notifies all students of the outcome of their application shortly thereafter.
If you still have any confusion or questions so this video will answer all your questions by telling a complete procedure to apply.