Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTP) (International) is accepting applications for the Flinders University.
The Opening Date of the scholarship is 14-06-2018 and the Closing Date is 13-08-2018.
All international students are specifically intended to be suppport by the the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarships (International).
It is available for alll international students to undertake a research higher degree at Flinders University.
The Scholarship will cover international tuition fees and a stipend.
Please note: For visa purposes, the AGRTPS is a Commonwealth Sponsored Scholarship.
- A limited number of AGRTP Scholarships are available every year and the scholarship round is highly competitive and so many studebts from different countries apply for it.
- The total number of scholarships are up to 10.
- The AGRTP Scholarship is awarded to those candidates who demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for independent research. These scholarships are considered by academic merit, academic research training and the research indicators and also performance.
- The scholarship is for up to 3 years for a Research Doctorate degree.
- The duration is up to 2 years for a Research Masters degree.
- Successful applicants are required to undertake full-time study and must be starting a research higher degree for the first time in Australia.
- The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to begin a full-time research higher degree.
- The AGRTP Scholarship will pay international student tuition fees charged by the university for research higher degree.
- It also provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $27,082 (2018 rate).
It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- An AGRTP Scholarship student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria
You must make contact with an academic staff member and have an informal agreement from that person to supervise you if successful. Email evidence of the supervisor’s agreement should be included with your application. Applicants who do not have a supervisor at the time of application will not be considered for an AGRTPS/FIPRS.