The University of Brussels provides Belgium Individual Research Fellowship in 2018. International applicants are invited to apply for this scholarship for the duration of 5 years to all fields of research.
Applicants must have excellent communications skills, and must be fluent in English.
- Free University of Brussels
- Research Scholarship
Field of Study :
The project will be divided into 3 panels related to all fields of research:
- Social Sciences and Humanities,
- Physical and Engineering Sciences, and
- Life Sciences.
Benefits of Belgium Individual Research Fellowship:
This fellowship provides:
|Cost categories||Amount (€/month)|
|Fellow-related costs||Mobility allowance: 400,00 Living allowance: 3.503,21 Family allowance: 150,00|
|Research-related costs||Research costs: 500,00 Travel allowance: 200,0 Other (training, etc.): 300,00|
The living allowance covers the amount of an untaxed fellowship contract that is equivalent to an employment contract. It is an indicative value for 2018 and due to yearly indexation, it is subject to minor changes of approximately +2%.
The fellowship contract covers the health insurance, maternity leave, national unemployment system, insurance against workplace accidents, family benefits and provisions towards occupational diseases sick pay in case of hospitalization, disability insurance, a national pension system, and it is fully subject to the Provisions of the Belgian Social Security System
International students are allowed to apply.
Number of Scholarships for Belgium Individual Research Fellowship:
There are total 63 fellowship positions over five years, if @ULB will offer to fund 7 excellent researchers for a research project of 24-month duration for each panel and each call.
Eligibility for Belgium Individual Research Fellowship:
Fellowship is available for all countries.
Applicants must follow the given criteria:
- Applicants of any nationality and of any age are allowed to apply.
Eligible applicants must have to be an experienced researcher:
- At the date of the call deadline applicant must have a PhD degree and maximum 7 years of post-doctoral experience.
- A documented full-time equivalent research experience of minimum 4 and maximum 11 years but without a PhD degree at the date of the call deadline.
- In Belgium during the last 3 years before the call deadline, the eligible applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work,w studies, etc.) for more than 12 months.
- Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree allowing him or her to embark on a doctorate. This needs to be proven by the employment (or equivalent) contracts.
- Eligible applicants should not have already benefited from a postdoctoral fellowship in Belgium for more than six (6) months before the call deadline.
English Language Requirements for Belgium Individual Research Fellowship:
Those applicants whose first language is not English will provide the evidence of proficiency in English by the University.
- 15 October 2018