Table of Contents
Applications are invited to apply for the CERN Summer Internship Student Program in Switzerland. You might know that CERN Summer Internship is the very popular & awaiting for all the Students around the world. It is a Fully Funded Internship Program for all international students.
I don’t think so that any one of you will not be interested in visiting Switzerland and spend outstanding moments of your life there. If you want to be part of internship in Switzerland under CERN internship so just scroll down, check if you are eligible or not then apply for it.
It is one of the best international Internship program to attend before finishing your university life.
Details of CERN Summer Internship Student Program:
By attending CERN internship program, you can be part of a series of lectures specially prepared for you where experts and scientists from around the world share their knowledge about a wide range of topics in the fields of theoretical and experimental particle physics, engineering and computing.
CERN Summer Internship Cost:
CERN Summer Internship Student Program is a Fully Funded program.
CERN will also provide you with the following.
- A contract of association of 8 to 13 weeks* to work on a technical project.
- An extensive physics lecture programme (students will also be able to attend a series of IT lectures organized by Openlab).
- A 90 CHF per calendar day (net of tax) subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person for the whole contract duration.
- A travel allowance on a lump sum basis paid at the end of your stay to help you with the cost of travel between Geneva and your residence at the time of the selection committee,
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (contribution already deducted from allowance).**
- Assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby.
Eligibility Criteria & Qualifications
In order to qualify for CERN Short Term internship you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a Bachelor or Master student (not Ph.D.) in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics and should have completed, by the European Summer 2019, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during European summer 2019 (as of May), you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User or another status) for more than 3 months.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Every Monday from the beginning of June to the 1st Monday in July inclusive, namely
- 3 June,
- 11 June,(Exception is Tuesday 11th June, as of Monday 10th, 2019 is a bank holiday at CERN.)
- 17 June,
- 24 June and
- 1 July 2019.
The final results of the summer internship in Switzerland for international students by selection procedure will be communicated to candidates by mid-April 2019.
- CERN Summer Internship Student Program 2019 is 31 January 2019
How to Apply for CERN Summer Student program
Attach following documents with application form and please make sure to name the documents accordingly e.g. CV, motivation letter, academic transcript, reference letter:
- Apply link is given below,visit that
- A CV in either English or French.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure the document is not protected so that we can open it).
- At least one reference letter (dated less than 12 months), preferably 2, from your lecturers.