Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship, established to support Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices. Its aim is to enroll outstanding international students for post graduate studies in China. Moreover, it only supports graduate students.
I- Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language:
- Supports graduate students only.
- This scholarship supports Master’s students for 3 academic years or Doctoral students for 4 academic years.
- It also covers both major study and Chinese language study, as clearly specified in the Admission Letter.
- If applicable, the selected students can register either for Chinese-taught program or English-taught program.
You can find the program and university you’re interested in by visiting:
II- Scholarship Coverage:
This is a full scholarship which covers:
- Tuition waiver
- Comprehensive medical insurance
Also, visit MBA in Finance | University of Bridgeport
III- When and Where to Apply:
When to Apply:
- From the start of January to the early April
- Please consult the Chinese universities for the specific deadline of each year.
Where to Apply:
- Apply to the designated Chinese universities which are undertaking this program.
- The applicants of Chinese Government Scholarship should be the citizens of a country, other than China.
- They must be in good health.
- The degree and age of the applicants must be:
- A high school graduate and not more than 25, when applying for the Undergraduate programs.
- A bachelor’s degree holder and not more than 35, when applying for the Master’s programs.
- A master’s degree holder and not more than 40, when applying for the Doctoral programs.
V- Application Procedure:
Step 1: Apply directly to your targeted university.
- At CGS Information Management System for International Students, complete your online application procedure.
- Visit: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org to apply online.
- Submit online the completed Application Form, for Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Don’t forget to print a hard copy of it.
Please contact your targeted university for the Instructions of the CGS Information Management System for International Students.
Step 3: Before the time is over, submit all your application documents to your targeted university.
NOTE: The applications of only recommended candidates, from designated Chinese universities will be accepted by CSC.
VI- Application Documents:
- Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship, written in Chinese or English.
Attested Highest Diploma:
- Recipients must submit official prospective diploma, issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
- Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with attested/authentic Chinese or English translations.
- Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with attested Chinese or English translations.
A Study Plan or Research Proposal:
- This should be a minimum of 200 words for the undergraduate program applicants and 800 words for postgraduate program applicants, written in English or Chinese.
Two Recommendation Letters:
- If you’re candidate for undergraduate and postgraduate program, then must submit two recommendation letters, signed by your professors or associate professors, also written in English or Chinese.
A CD of your own works: (For arts students only)
- For music studies, the applicants are requested to submit a CD of their own musical works.
- For fine arts programs, the applicants must submit a CD of their own works which should include two color paintings, two sketches and two other works.
- Applicants who are under 18, must submit relevant documents about their statutory guardians in China.
Foreigner Physical Examination Form: (photocopy)
- The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments.
It must be written in English and downloaded from:
- http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org).
- The items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form, should be cover by Physical examinations.
- The incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital, or sealed photograph of the applicant will be considered as invalid.
- Plan carefully, your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for 6 months only.
- The copy of valid HSK Certificate, only if available.
- All documents should be bound together on top left corner in order of 6.1 to 6.8.
- No application documents will be returned.
Note: You should submit TWO sets of bound documents.
VII- Scholarship Confirmation:
- University reviews the application documents and decides the proposed candidates.
- Selected candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarships to study in China, with the permission of CSC.
- CSC reserves the rights to decide the Host University for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Remember that one scholarship recipient will be granted for one scholarship only.
- The CSC reviews eligibility and qualifications of proposed candidates, approves the list of Scholarship Recipients, and sends the admission documents to universities before June 30th. Then Universities send the admission documents including: List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in Chinato scholarship recipients.
- Host university, Field of study, or Duration of study can not be changed by the Scholarship recipients, which are stated clearly on the Admission Letter after these students’ coming to China.
- If scholarship recipient couldn’t register before the registration deadline, the scholarship will not be reserved.
VIII- List of 289 Designated Chinese Universities:
This Program is available from: