Table of Contents
Applications are open to apply for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship 2020. Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those unable to study in the UK for financial and other reasons.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered for citizens of certain developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
Its purpose is to contribute to development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship 2020
- United Kingdom
- Master Degree Scholarships
- Fully Funded
The financial benefits include:
- Full tuition fees will be covered in this online-based degree
- And also other essentials cost of studying by distance learning from UK.
Only commonwealth countries can apply for this international distance learning scholarship. The list of eligible countries is as under:
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
Academic Fields & Majors
The list of academic fields is given below:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Note: Please browse all Fields HERE
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the program without this scholarship.
- At least one reference– submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
- An offer letter to start their chosen course of study in the 2020-2021 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
Last Date to Apply
The last date to apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship 2020 is 13th April 2020.
You can apply by visiting the official site here: