Applications are open for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2018. Region Distance Learning Scholarships are for competitors from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for part time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses by UK Universities.
Founded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships empower capable and inspired people to pick up the information and skills required for maintainable advancement, and are gone for those unable to study in the UK for money related and different reasons.
The Scholarships are planned for excellent postgraduate students who wish to get to preparing not available in their nations of origin, who wish or need to stay in their nation of origin while they study, and who can possibly upgrade the advancement of their nations of origin with the learning and administration skills they get.
These grants are offered under six topics:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
District Distance Learning Scholarships give full educational cost charges and all other mandatory expenses of concentrate a UK Master’s course by separate learning. This incorporates the full cost of any private segments of a course.
Also visit: FulBright Scholarships 2019 | Masters and PhDs
- To apply for these grants, you should:
- Be a resident of or have been allowed exile status by a qualified Commonwealth nation (see underneath), or be a British Protected Person
- Be for all time inhabitant in a qualified Commonwealth nation
- Hold a first level of at any rate upper below average (2:1) standard; a lower capability and adequate applicable experience might be considered in specific cases
- Be not able stand to think about your picked course without this grant.
- The CSC plans to distinguish capable people who can possibly roll out improvement. They are focused on an arrangement of equivalent opportunity and non-separation, and empower applications from a differing scope of competitors. The CSC is focused on overseeing and dealing with its grants and partnerships in a reasonable and straightforward way.
Each taking part UK university will lead its own enrollment procedure to choose a predetermined number of possibility to be granted Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships. Universities must advance their selection possibility to the CSC by 4 July 2018. Universities will advise competitors of their outcomes in August 2018.
Selection criteria include:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Potential effect of the work on the advancement of the applicant’s home country
Eligible Commonwealth nations:
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
You should apply to study in one of the offered Master’s courses offered under the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship. These grants bolster courses offered in association with nearby suppliers in creating nations, and in addition courses conveyed specifically by UK Universities. View a full rundown of qualified courses
All applications must be made through your chosen University. You should check with your picked university for their particular guidance, affirmation prerequisites, and standards for applying. You should find a way to secure admission to your course in the meantime as applying for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship. When you present your application, you should hold an offer to begin your picked course in the 2018-2019 scholastic year. You should likewise give the points of interest of no less than one ref in your application.[button-red url=”https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/form43/form_login.html” target=”_self” position=”left”]apply now[/button-red] [button-green url=”http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/distance-learning/” target=”_self” position=”left”]official link[/button-green]