Applicants are invited for postgraduate study or program at US institutions in the field of science and innovation. Applicants can participate as Visiting Student Researcher (VSR). VSR allows to spend 6-12 months of studying or researching proposed project at US as a part of degree program in New Zealand.
Fulbright New Zealand offers exchange awards for Americans and New Zealanders wanting to present their work at other’s country. It is an initiative of American Senator J. William Fulbright from Arkansas, who believed that mutual understanding between different countries is very important for bright future of the world.
- post graduate students are awarded to pursue these awards.
Awards are available for the fields of science and innovation to build international science communications and to support New Zealand’s economy and fulfill their social, cultural and environmental needs. This includes science research of the highest quality, areas with relevance to current and emerging New Zealand industry, social and environmental needs; areas with potential to broaden the economy and increase connections between research and industries; sectors of future need or growth.
Approximately 8 candidates are awarded annually that are of US$40,000 (plus NZ$4,000 travel funding) for 1 year of study at US. Those students who are undertaking multi-year Masters or phD degrees may also apply for additional funding for the Second year of study that is up to US$30,000.
New Zealand citizens are allowed to apply.
NUMBER OF SCHOLORSHIPS:
- Eight applicants are awarded annually.
Scholorship is available in USA.
For application you must:
- Completed undergraduate degree you have to achieved 480 points.
- You may also be selected if you granted a direct entry into second year and completing it with 360 points.
- In other cases full bright New Zealand may also accept a student with 360 points if the have both:
– The strong support if their Dean or member of senior management.
– Conditional offer from US institutions.
- Not yet have a doctoral degree.
- Plan for at least 6 months to undertake full time postdoctoral research and study.
- Further meet citizenship requirements for award.
- Those applicants are preferred who have not previously awarded by Fulbright New Zealand, or have not taught, studied, researched or worked in the US for about 9 months during previous 5 years.
- Candidates will not have any research or study activities that are related to clinical patient contact.
- Candidates may receive awards for advance academic study with Medical degrees, not for internships.
- Awards shall not allow any activity that require license to medicine or nursing.
Those applicants required to provide evidence or proficiency in English by university whose first language is not English.
To apply for awards:
- You must submit online application before application deadline.
- All support documents are also required.
- For those applicants residing in New Zealand Fulbright will pay for travel to Wellington because interviews will be held in Wellington.
- Those applicants must be disadvantaged who are outside the New Zealand and are unable to attend an interview.
- The outcome of the application will be advised in October.
- The application will be extended to 5:00 pm if it ends on weekend or public holiday.
- While awaiting for outcome of application you should research US institutions as soon as possible, and you should also plan for GMAT or GRE tests required by the institution that you want to apply for.
- August 1, 2018