International Students are invited for Fully Funded PhD Studentship to pursue PhD degree program in the field of Logical Methods in Computer Science in Austria.
These scholarships focus to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
- Vienna University of Technology
- Graz University of Technology
- Johannes Kepler University Linz
- PhD degree
Field of Study:
These scholarship positions are awarded in LogiCS Doctoral College – Logical Methods in Computer Science. Selected applicants will work on interdisciplinary research topics, covering:
- Computational logic
- Databases and artificial intelligence
- Computer-aided verification
- Emerging application domains (such as cyber-physical systems, distributed systems, security & privacy)
Number of Scholarships:
- Up to 16 positions are available
Benefits of Studentship:
- The doctoral students will be employed as a researcher at a yearly salary of EUR 21,284.48, after excluding taxes and social/health insurance.
- There are additional salary supplements and tax deductions for families with children.
- TU Vienna, TU Graz and JKU doctoral students from Austria, EU or EEA countries, and students with a residence permit for researchers are exempt from tuition fees for four years.
- Tuition fees are waived even after four years, for students who are citizens of lesser developed countries, refugees, disabled people, or in the case of primary care of children up to the age of seven.
- For students of all nationalities.
Applicants must meet the criteria given below:
- Candidates should hold an MSc or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields.
- They must have an excellent record of study.
- Candidates with comparable achievements (like bachelor of honors) may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Previous knowledge in the areas of the doctoral college(optional, not necessary)
English Language Requirements:
The doctoral program asks candidates to provide the following tests/scores for English language qualifications:
- TOEFL score of at least 550 paper-based, 217 computer-based or 81 internet-based
- IELTS score of 6.0 or higher
- CAE score B or more
Depending on a student’s prior education, command of the English language can be proven in many ways, . For this, students should hand in any language certificates, diplomas, etc. as a part of the application documents.Applicants’ adequate command of the English language will also be assessed during his/her interview.
- 31 August 2018
You might also be interested in the following fellowship and scholarships