Applications are now open for Gilgit-Baltistan Fellowship Program 2018 which will be held this summer. Gilgit-Baltistan is also known as the home of highest mountains, which includes five of the eight-thousanders.
The attention for many tourists is the world’s highest mountain ranges, the Hindu Kush, the Himalaya, and the Karakoram, with five peaks over 8,000 meters and many peaks over 7,000 meters high, with having the biggest glaciers in the world. Wild rivers and unique landscapes of Gilgit-Baltistan make this area a “mountain paradise” for mountaineers, trekkers, and tourists. Gilgit-Baltistan is attracting tourists through its rapid advancement in technological and infrastructural developments.
Gilgit-Baltistan Fellowship Program 2018 offers a unique mixture of cultural and socio-economic opportunities to the participants to influence their cognitive and communication skills. GB Fellowship Program will promote cross-cultural exchange among participants through the discussion of ideas and vision among indigenous people and fellow participants. For further information regarding this fellowship program scroll down.
- Pakistan Innovation Summit for Education
- 12 days
Fellowship Starting Date:
- July,12th 2018
Fellowship Ending Date:
- July,24th 2018
Gilgit-Baltistan Fellowship Program Fellowship benefits:
- Local immersion.
- Immersive cross-cultural exchange of Art, Music, Sports, and literature.
- The network of making a change from a diverse background.
- Access to community development in Gilgit-Baltistan through collaboration with stakeholders.
Benefits for locals:
- Access to diverse skill set and expertise
- It will Promote entrepreneurship amongst local and fellows
- Will Promote GB across socio-economic and cultural fronts
- Promote cross-cultural understanding through local immersion
For further details, log on to our website
Gilgit-Baltistan Fellowship Program format:
- Living with the allocated families.
- Participants will travel to different districts of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Participate in community-based activities.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Applicant must be a CNIC holder.
- Applicant must submit the complete application form.
- Possession of a valid travel document that includes VISA for foreigners and National Identity Card for Pakistanis.
- Desire and Passion, to learn about the culture, heritage, and lifestyle of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Candidates from diverse backgrounds, especially those who have never been to Gilgit-Baltistan before, are highly encouraged to apply
- Candidates are having Gilgit-Baltistan CNIC or residents of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Participants are not possessing a valid National Identity Card.
- This fellowship will cost PKR 30,000 for Students and PKR. 35,000 for Professionals. It will cover all the living and other expenses.
- Two fully-funded scholarships are available for the most deserving candidates.
How to Apply:
- The form is available at the bottom of the page click it and apply accordingly.
- Deadline is not mentioned so apply as soon as possible.