Table of Contents
Do you want to represent your country abroad? Here is great opportunity, the Girls20 Global Summit 2020 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. This Global Summit is a fully funded international summit with all expenses covered by the organizers. The International Conference will be held in October, 2020 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Since 2010, the G(irls)20 Global Summit has served as the only platform for young women to influence the G20. Every year, the Summit is held in the same country as the G20 Presidency; in 2020 Saudi Arabia will host world leaders and engagement groups. In October 2020, 25+ young women from around the world will meet for the 11th Global Summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors. Participation at the Summit (including the cost of travel) is free of any costs for delegates.
Its mandate is to work in partnership with individuals, foundations, the social profit sector, governments and the private sector to economically empower girls and women to be agents of economic and social change.
The G(irls)20 Summit is modeled after the G20 Summit and includes a one-day symposium with local and international panelists, keynotes, and experts on economic and social issues facing girls and women. G(irls)20 is committed to bringing young women together for dialogue and collaboration and will work closely with a network of Saudi Arabian alumni to produce the 2020 Global Summit.
G(irls)20 is an independent registered charity in Canada and does not accept government funding for the Summit program.
- Young Leaders Programme 2020 in Brussels, Belgium
- Ireland Government International Education Scholarship 2020
- Bi Presidential Scholarship in Norway 2020
Girls20 Global Summit 2020
Duration of Summit
- 1 week
The Global Summit 2020 will provide the following benefits to all delegates:
- Flights to and from Riyadh from their nearest major city
- Transportation to and from the airport in Riyadh
- Accommodation in a shared room with one other female delegate
- All meals during the week
- Costs associated with travel visas
- Traveler’s health insurance
Global summit 2020 Activities
The summit for delegates will include:
- Workshops building valuable leadership skills
- Panels and speeches on the key economic policy issues facing girls and women globally
- Developing a Communiqué with recommendations to the G20 based on the delegates’ unique experience and expertise
- The opportunity to build lifelong friendships with 200+ young female leaders from around the world
- Building a network of mentors from across the public and private sectors.
Eligibility Criteria for Girls20 Global Summit 2020
All the eligible candidates;
- Must be 18 years old when you submit your application, and must not be older than 23 years old before October 31, 2020.
- Holds or can obtain a valid passport
- Holds citizenship in any of the participating countries or regions
Also Apply for
- Summer School Canada 2020 | Four Days Only
- KAIST University Scholarship in South Korea 2020 | Fully Funded
- Poland Government Scholarship 2020-21|Fully Funded
Who can Apply?
2020 Guest Countries and Regions
- African Union, Indigenous*
- MENA (Includes: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen)
- United Arab Emirates
- Republic of Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- European Union.
G(irls)20 prioritizes inclusion; delegates from all religious backgrounds, including Christian, Jewish, Sunni, Shia and other Muslim sects, and other religions are welcome and will feel safe and comfortable in Saudi Arabia.
Delegates who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and other marginalized sexual orientations are also welcome to apply and will be in safe spaces with G(irls)20. If you are thinking about applying and would like to discuss this further, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to chat about it.
Note: Please note, the Indigenous delegate position is open to any young woman from around the world who belongs to a self-identified Indigenous group.
Indigenous peoples, as defined by the United Nations: “are inheritors and practitioners of unique cultures and ways of relating to people and the environment. They have retained social, cultural, economic and political characteristics that are distinct from those of the dominant societies in which they live. Despite their cultural differences, indigenous peoples from around the world share common problems related to the protection of their rights as distinct peoples”.
How to Apply for Global Summit 2020
- The Girls20 Global Summit application form can be saved by scrolling to the end of the page but we recommend working on the questions offline. Please note you must press “submit form” before the deadline. You will receive a confirmation email upon submission.
- Please complete all questions to the best of your ability
- You must also upload a high-resolution headshot and a video submission with this application
- You must complete this application in English
If you have any problems with this application please email email@example.com.
Selection Criteria for Global Summit 2020
- Delegates are selected from among hundreds of applicants and evaluated and chosen based on their vision of leadership, personal triumph and their ability to find innovative solutions to social challenges.
- Applications open on Friday, February 14th and close Friday, March 13th, 2020 at 15:00 / 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. No applications will be accepted after that time.
- Applications will be reviewed by a team of volunteer Application Readers who will select their candidates to be interviewed. Shortlisted candidates from each country/region will be held in April 2020 with members of G(irls)20’s Steering Committee.
- The top 2 candidates from each country/region will be interviewed by G(irls)20’s CEO in April 2020.
- All applicants will be informed whether or not they are successful in May 2020.
Last Date to Apply
The applications for Global Summit 2020 will close on Friday 13th March 2020 at 15:00/3:00pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5).
You can apply by clicking the button below: