Table of Contents
Applications are now open for the Global Korea Scholarship 2020 for all the hardworking students around the globe. GKS was previously known as KGSP (Korean Government Scholarship Program).
It is a fully-funded scholarship which offers the candidates to study master’s degree, doctoral degree and Post-doc in Korea on Scholarship.
In 2020, the Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program aims to invite 1,276 international students from 153 regions who wish to pursue a graduate-level degree (master’s or doctoral) or research in Korea.
To be selected as a GKS (KGSP) grantee, an applicant must successfully pass the 1st round of selection managed by the Korean embassy where he or she holds the citizenship or NIIED-designated Korean universities.
The deadline will be decided by each institution or office that accepts the application documents, i.e. the Korean Embassy, Korean Education Center, or Korean university. Application deadlines may differ from one country to another or by each university; it is expected to be around mid or late March.
- UST Scholarships 2020 in South Korea| Masters and Ph.D.
- Malaysian International Scholarship 2020 | Master and PhD
- SIIT Scholarship 2020 in Thailand | Fully Funded
- DAAD FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIP IN GERMANY
Global Korea Scholarship 2020
- South Korea
- Master’s Degree Programs
- PhD Programs
- University Teacher or Professionals Exchanges
- Fully-funded scholarship
Area of Study
- Applicants must choose their majors (fields of study) that are only listed in the “University Information” file.
- All-Academic Fields & Majors are available Under the Global Korea Scholarship by the Korean Government for Masters and Ph.D. For more information on Universities of Korea and Fields, they are offering you must check this File CLICK HERE
- Night School, Short-term seasonal programs, online and distant-learning programs are not available to apply and admission is not permitted.
- Please be advised that even if a university’s departments or majors you intend to apply for offer English-taught courses, it may vary by lectures offered each term. Thus, we highly advise you to double-check with your university.
Furthermore, we would like applicants to keep in mind that Korean is the core language to be used in every Korean university.
Duration of Study
The duration of both degrees offered at the Global Korea Scholarship 2020 is
- US Fulbright Scholarship 2020-2021 for Pakistani Students
- 5th AWHF Youth Forum 2020 in South Africa| Fully Funded
Master’s Degree Program: 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of regular degree program
Research Program: 6 Months
The benefits of the Global Korea Scholarship 2020 are as follows.
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: (Degree Program) 900,000 KRW per month
(Research Program) 1,500,000 KRW per month
- Research Allowance:
- Liberal Arts and Social Science majors: 210,000 KRW per semester
- Natural Science and Engineering majors: 240,000 KRW per semester
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- Thesis (Dissertation) Printing Fee Reimbursement
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month
- Degree Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
Have a look at the video if you have any question
- Australia Awards Scholarships 2020-2021 | Fully Funded
- International Essay Contest in Japan | For Youth 2020
Let’s have a look at each point regarding the eligibility criteria of the Global Korea Scholarship 2020.
All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are not eligible to apply.
Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
For overseas Korean applicants holding Japanese citizenship, if their parents hold ‘Permanent Residency Permit’ within Japan while holding Korean citizenship, is eligible to apply.
Must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1980.
Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1975) and hold citizenship of one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) are eligible to apply.
- Degree Requirements
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree by August 31st, 2020.
Doctoral Program Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Master’s degree.
Master’s Program Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree
Research Program Applicants must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree and must have received an invitation from one of NIIED’s designated Korean universities.
Postdoctoral Research Program must hold a doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
Professor Exchange Program must hold a Master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree.
Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying. The official degree certificate (or diploma) and final academic transcript must be submitted by August 31st, 2020 at the very latest.
In case an applicant fails to submit the above-mentioned document by August 31st, 2019 or does not fulfill the grade requirement, the scholarship will be forfeited.
Applicants must have maintained the overall grade point average (CGPA) equivalent to or higher than any one of the following from their respective universities:
2.64 on a 4.0 scale
2.80 on a 4.3 scale
2.91 on a 4.5 scale
All applicants must be in good health, both mentally and physically.
All applicants must submit the “Personal Medical Assessment” at the time of applying.
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship 2020:
You can apply for the Global Korea Scholarship 2020 by any one of the following ways:
- Applicants must choose 3 desired universities and available fields of study among 67 universities.
- Applicants that pass the 2nd round of selection will go through university admission in the 3rd round of selection.
- You will find the deadlines of applications for KGSP from the embassy of Korea in your country.
- Applicants must choose a major and one desired university among 64 universities.
- For the list of universities and fields of study that are available to apply, please refer to the “University Information” file attached along with the GKS-G announcement post.
Application Evaluation of Global Korea Scholarship 2020:
- Applications will be reviewed by each round’s selection committee.
- Each selection committee will
consider various factors when screening applications such as the
- Academic Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Statement of Purpose or Research Proposal
- Letters of recommendation
- Certificates of Language Proficiency (Korean or English), publications, awards, and etc.
Last Date to Apply
- The application deadline is set by each Korean embassy or university.
- All applicants must check the deadline of application submission by contacting their relevant embassy or desired university directly.
- Please refer to the following for contact information:
- Korean Embassies in foreign countries: Refer to Appendix B
- Korean Universities: Refer to Appendix C or the “University Information” file(attached to GKS-G Announcement post)
You can apply for the Global Korea Scholarship 2020 by clicking the button below: