The Hansen Summer Institute on Leadership and International Cooperation is an exciting international program funded by a generous grant from the Fred J. Hansen Foundation. Nine Hansen Summer Institutes took place in San Diego, California between 2007 and 2018.
A primary goal of the program focuses on creating an international community of young scholars who will use their summer experience as a foundation for creating lasting friendships and acquiring common practical understanding of a more peaceful future.
Hansen Summer Institute training aims to provide participants a “leadership toolbox” for resolving conflict and building a better future for their respective countries.
Hansen Summer Institute 2019 At a Glance:
- University of San Diego, United States.
- Program will Start in July 2019
- Fully Funded.
Selected participants will receive:
- Accommodation and meals for the duration of the program, with shared rooms with participants of the same gender;
- Transportation to/from the campus to all meetings and activities;
- Program materials;
- Certificate of Participation.
NON-US Fellows also receive:
- Round trip international air travel from the participant’s hometown to San Diego, California;
- DS-2019 – Student and Exchange Visitor (SEVIS) fee;
- Health insurance for the duration of the program.
- Upper division undergraduate with 2 years of college/university or graduate student with a professional interest in international relations, diplomacy, international economic development or related studies.
- Student must be between the ages of 20-25 on July 1, 2019.
- Must have demonstrated leadership potential outside of the classroom in the community, nation or region.
- Have an academic advisor verify the candidate’s English proficiency (included in reference from the academic referee).
- Have a valid international passport with US visa if necessary by the time the program begins.
- Preference may be given to those who have never visited the United States.
Procedure to Apply:
New Applicants/First Time Users:
Click the “Create New Account” button below in order to
begin a new application.
Enter your Username and Password to complete the application.
(Your username is the email address and password you initially
used to set up your account.)
Click on “Forgot Password” and enter your login email address to
reset your password. Once complete, an email will be sent asking
you to reset your password. You will receive a confirmation email
once you’ve successfully reset your password.
- January 7, 2019