Applications are now open to apply for the IEARN YES Youth Exchange and Study Program 2019-20. This exchange program is funded by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs (ECA) to provide scholarships for high school students from countries to Spend One Year at the U.S.
IEARN YES Youth Exchange and Study Program are only for Pakistani Students. Every High School Student from Pakistan can apply. The participants should be in class 9th & 10th.
Interested students who meet the following mentioned criteria can take a printout of Preliminary Application given below and send the filled application along with the required documents to SIE Office, Karachi. The Application Form is also given below.
Total Cost of The Program:
The IEARN YES Youth Exchange and Study Program is Fully Sponsored & the scholarship will cover all the Cost like Your Airfare Travel Tickets, US VISA Fee, Accommodation Meals, Boarding in the USA. School Tuition Fee & 125$ Monthly Stipend.
Have a look if you want to apply for more than one exchange program
- UNESCO/Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships for Developing Countries, 2018
- Pre and Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students in USA, 2018
- Pakistani citizen and reside in Pakistan.
- Secondary school students in their home country (Pakistan) who are currently (the Academic year 2018-19) enrolled in 9th or 10th grade or ‘O’ Levels students.
- (Note for O’ Level Students: only O’ Level 9th grade or O’ Level 10th grade students are eligible to apply. O’ Level 11th graders are not eligible)
- Minimum 15 years of age and not older than 17 years on August 1, 2019.
- Minimum 60% marks in all major/core subjects (English, Mathematics, Sciences) in the last class attended; an overall minimum average of 60% marks for the past three years. (Students with a gap year or a repeated year are not eligible.)
- Can communicate in English. Minimum 60% marks in English exam during the past three years (2015-16 and 2016-17 and 2017-18).
- Must not have traveled to the United States previously.
- Pass Entry Test.
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, adaptability, good character and scholastic aptitude.
- Willingness to participate in the host family’s daily life.
- Record of all necessary immunizations, as outlined in the Student Application, before arriving in the U.S.A.
- Should demonstrate flexibility and a commitment to promoting cross-cultural understanding.
- Agreement to attend classes as a full-time student and maintain at least a ‘B’ Grade average in an American high school. Willingness and agreement to abide by the ‘YES Student Rules’ as outlined in the YES Student Application and all other rules and policies during the program.
- Know and practice Pakistani culture and values, and able to represent the same in the U.S. schools and
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, the U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visa)
Application process and Selection Process for YES PROGRAM 2019 – 20
STEP NUMBER 1 Preliminary Application
- Students who fulfill the Selection Criteria and agree to the Parent-Student Agreement and General Program Rules can apply for the scholarship.
- Female students, students with physical disabilities and students from non-elite and government schools who meet the criteria are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Students who are eligible according to the Selection Criteria but their schools are not interested in participating in the YES program. They can apply independently.
- They can download the Preliminary Application Form Given below in the Link.
- Submit along with all the required documents via courier or mail. Please do not send any original documents. Any documents submitted are not returned. Only send the photocopies of the documents mentioned in the Preliminary Application.
STEP NUMBER 2 YES Program Entry Test
After initial Preliminary Application screening, shortlisted applicants will be notified for YES
Entry Test through letters sent to their address mentioned in the Preliminary Applications.
STEP NUMBER 3 Interviews
- Students who pass the Entry Test will be sent/couriered Interview letters with YES Final
- Students will be required to fill up YES Final Application and appear in Interviews. (Students must come with completed YES Final Application along with required documents.)
STEP NUMBER 4 ELTiS
Students who get through the interview will be required to take English Language Test for
International Students (ELTiS).
STEP NUMBER 5 Final Evaluation
- Final selection of students will be based on Entry Test, Interview, neatly filled completed YES Final Application with all required documents and ELTiS score.
- The finalists will be notified by a letter and Scholarship Acceptance Form from the YES Program Director.
- Keep checking the announcement section of YES website or facebook page for updates and information.
WARNING : Providing any false/forged documents or information or any discrepancy found at any stage of the selection process will result in disqualification of the applicant.
The Deadline to apply for IEARN YES Youth Exchange and Study Program 2019-20 is 1st Oct 2018
Address to Send Documents & Application Form
88-H, P.E.C.H.S, Block-6, Karachi-75400, Sindh, Pakistan.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.yespk.org
- Pakistan China Essay Competition 2018 & Study Tour to China
- International Winter Program | 6th Fully Funded at Seoul National University, Korea
- Hansen Summer Institute 2019 | 6 Weeks Fully Funded Program to USA