Table of Contents
International Labor Organization (ILO) has offered an opportunity for internships for talented students in Thailand. ILO was the first specialized agency of the United Nations.
It aims to increase understanding of relevant issues at the international level by involving the individuals directly in the work of the Office and the application of ILO principles, programs and strategies. It targets those talented individuals to gain practical experience with the ILO directly related to their field of study.
The duration of the ILO internship in Thailand 2020 is 6 months and there is no need for IELTS or TOEFL scores only if the applicants have an excellent command of English.
The internship program is not intended to lead to a career in the ILO. There should be no expectation of further employment at the end of the internship.
- Australia Awards Scholarships 2020-2021 | Fully Funded
- International Essay Contest in Japan | For Youth 2020
- HBL Management Trainee Program 2020 – Leading to a Job
ILO Internship 2020 In Thailand Details:
- International Labor Organization (ILO)
- 6 months
- 37.5 hours per week.
What you will have to do?:
The intern will undertake the following tasks which include, but not limited to:
- Assist in drafting a press release and news articles, including developing original content under direction and editing from multiple contributors
- Support in the development and design of digital, web content, and print materials
- Support in social media coverage of the Safe and Fair events and activities
- Assist in designing, creating, writing text and editing short videos for audience development purposes to bridge the key messages of the Safe and Fair Program and outreach activities
- Assist in taking photos and videos, guided by guidelines on UN system photos use
- Support in extracting analysis from research and preparing factsheets
- Support in training on communications to staff and partners
- Prepare draft presentations and briefs as assigned
- Attend weekly meetings to report and provide inputs for overall communications and visibility efforts of the program’s activities
- Be conscious of brand standards and guidelines and incorporate them into the activities assigned on communications and visibility of the Safe and Fair Program
- Contribute ideas to develop communications and visibility of the Safe and Fair Program
- Constantly and continuously keep oneself up to date within the Communications for Development (C4D) industry through colleagues, media, workshops, meetings, and self-access learning resources and
- Carry out other relevant responsibilities as may be reasonably requested over time.
You might also be interested to apply for
- Abu Dhabi University Scholarships For International Students 2020
- Nanjing University Scholarship Program 2020 – Chinese Government Scholarship
- AGA KHAN FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP – MASTERS & Ph.D. 2020-21
Eligibility Criteria For ILO Internships 2020:
You must be enrolled in the last semester of a postgraduate degree program such as a master’s program or any other equivalent higher degree program in a relevant technical field including;
- Mass communications
- Media relations
- International relations
- Gender studies
- International development or other relevant disciplines
EXPERIENCE: Any experience of working in communication, labor migration, violence against women or trafficking.
Knowledge and experience of working with the ILO and/or UN Women constituents and in the ASEAN region is an asset.
Proficiency or Excellent command of English
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate Adobe Creative Suite (In-design, Photoshop, and Illustrator) skills
- Strong grasp of social media (Face book, Twitter, YouTube and related applications) management and campaign development
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, as well as organizational skills
- Experience with video editing would be a plus
- Familiarity and interest in human rights and/or gender equality frameworks
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to meet program needs and
- Availability to start working in February/March 2020 for a period of three to six months.
Stipend: As an intern in Bangkok, you will receive a stipend of USD 550 per month from the ILO, unless you receive funding through another institution (for example your university or a foundation).
If you receive partial funding, ILO will cover the difference to ensure you receive USD 550 per month.
Your travel to Bangkok will be at your own expense.
Insurance: During the time of internship, god forbid but if you come across accidents and/or illness so ILO will not be responsible for that. You will have to pay the insurance coverage for illness and accidents by yourself during the internship.
- The hiring unit will short-list applicants. You will be directly contacted should the internship opportunity matches your profile.
- If you have not been contacted by any department within six months after your application, you can consider that you have not been selected.
- If shortlisted, you may be contacted for a written test and/or interview. The ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video or teleconference, e-mail, etc for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
How to apply:
1. Search for an internship profile via the page on ILO Jobs
3. Complete your candidate profile and apply to the internship profile
4. Be sure to attach a cover letter in the last section of the application, as applications without a cover letter will not be considered and you cannot attach a cover letter after the deadline.
Deadline to Apply for ILO Internship:
- 17th February, 2020 (midnight Bangkok time)