To focus to young people and for their better career, Government has been announcing number of scholarships in different field.
Age restricted for these scholarships are the younger ones up to 35 years old.
Different areas for scholarships:
- General Psychology [Diploma]
- Applied and Exploration Geology [BEng]
- Entrepreneurship [BSc]
- Finance [BSc]
- Geography [BA.]
- Geological Engineering [BEng.]
- Information Systems [BSc.]
- Mathematics [BSc]
- Medicine [MBBS]
- Physics [ BSc.]
- Sociology [BSc.]
Applicant Must be Capable of:
- Person that apply for the scholarships must be in good health to complete his program successfully.
- Applicant must have done minimum of five subjects at the Caribbean Secondary Certificate Education [CSEC] examination level.
- Must be good in English Language and Mathematics with Grade I, II and III.
- Applicants must also gain admission to the University of Guyana.
- Current students must have a minimum Grade Point Average of 2.8.
- Guyana passport is must for the applicant.
- Those who wants to apply for these scholarships can receive forms from the Scholarships Department of the Ministry of Presidency, Department of Public Service.
Closing date for applications is Saturday July 7, 2018.
About UG Scholarships:
These scholarships grab the attention of the young people of the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate Examination and Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination so it is decided by the APNU + AFC Government to continue these programs.
Minister of State Joseph Harmon divulged that, “Thereafter Cabinet has mandated the Minister of Education to examine the program carefully and to come up with firm recommendations.”
Harmon had disclosed that Cabinet had given guidance to the Education Minister that in looking at the condition for the award of scholarships that “the Minister and the Ministry consider scholarships for people in Guyana at UG.”
For more details visit This website