Table of Contents
The Government of Malaysia invited the international students to apply for the Malaysian International Scholarship 2020. The Malaysian International Scholarship is an initiative by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad who want to pursue their Masters and Ph.D. Degree in Malaysia.
Talented international students with different backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this MIS Scholarship and further their studies in selected well-established Malaysian universities at Postgraduate level.
A wide range of academic fields is available for both Full-time Masters, & Ph.D. Degree Programs, however, applicants should not more than 40 and 45 years of age for Master and Ph.D.
Malaysian International Scholarship 2020 Details
Host Country: Malaysia
Scholarship offered by: Ministry of Education, Malaysia
Degree Level: Full-time Postgraduate students i.e. Masters, PhD
- For Masters: Not more than 40 Years
- For Ph.D.: Not more than 45 Years
Available Fields For Scholarship
Following fields are available under MIS Scholarship for Masters & Ph.D. Applicants may choose any Related Course within the areas mentioned below:
- Science and Engineering.
- Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Economics and Islamic Finance.
- Information and Communication Technology.
- Biosecurity and Food Safety.
- Infrastructure and Utility.
- Environmental Studies.
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
- US Fulbright Scholarship 2020-2021 for Pakistani Students
- 5th AWHF Youth Forum 2020 in South Africa| Fully Funded
List of Universities to Study
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
Benefits of Malaysian International Scholarship
Malaysian International Scholarship is Not a Fully Funded, however it covers the basic expenses of the candidates, like:
- Tuition Fees
- Monthly Living Allowance; RM 1,500.00 Per Month will be given.
Successful Applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). As Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia. Plus, all applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
This scholarship is available just for the Countries mentioned below:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
- Australia Awards Scholarships 2020-2021 | Fully Funded
- International Essay Contest in Japan | For Youth 2020
Have a look at the video for the full procedure to apply
- For Master’s degree: applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at a Bachelor’s Degree.
- For Ph.D. : applicants should obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or very good results at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended Ph.D. study.
- A written proposal with a minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency like IELTS or TOEFL.
- Applicants obtaining Degrees with English, as a Medium of Instructions, may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
All documents below are COMPULSORY and to be uploaded with online application (scanned and save as in PDF format):
- Application form
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 month’s validity)
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (e.g. from lecturer, supervisor or immediate superior, etc.)
- Endorsement form
- Admission letter from Malaysia University (if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Proposal
- 15th March 2020
To apply for the scholarship, Online application with the required documents is to be uploaded. The Link to the official website and online application is given below: