Table of Contents
Japanese Government Scholarship 2021 is now open to apply for MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship 2021 in some Countries. Monbukagakusho MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship undertakes the Undergraduate, Masters and PhD degrees from the Japanese Universities.
Usually the application procedure of the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is announced in the month of April but this year due to the prevailing situation of COVID-19 the applications are delayed and now in some countries, the MEXT Scholarship 2021 has been announced.
The plus point of this Scholarship is that the Japanese Language and IELTS/TOEFL is not mandatory. The Japanese MEXT Scholarship is open to all the participants from Asia, Pacific, North America, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Africa who have diplomatic relations with Japan.
All the Japanese Universities are participating in the MEXT Scholarship and all fields of study are available in Japanese Universities. You will study in the Top Japanese Universities under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program. The Selection in the University will be automatically by the Japanese Government according to your grades and achievements.
The Ministry of Education, culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships for Undergraduate, Master and Doctoral Degree in the fields which you have studied in your country.
Duration of the MEXT Scholarship
- Undergraduate: 4-5 Years
- Masters: 2-3 Years
- PhD: 3-4 Years
Fields of Study
The Japanese government offers all types of study options available in all Japanese Universities from Social science to engineering, medical to health, arts, and humanities etc. There are no academic fields’ restrictions.
The MEXT Japan Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students to Study in Japan for free. All the expenses will be covered by the Japanese Government.
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2021 Rate)
- Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination, Tuition Fee at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airlineticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
- Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- Applicants, in principle, must have been born on or after April 2, 1985.
- Master’s course: Applicants who have completed 16 years of School education in countries other than Japan.
- Doctoral Course: Applicants who have completed 18 years of school education in countries other than Japan.
- Language: Knowledge of Japanese Language and IELTS/TOEFL is not mandatory. Now You Don’t Need to Worry about IELTS or TOEFL.
How to Check Which Countries Announced MEXT Scholarship?
Like as we said above, each year MEXT announced in April 2020. In some countries, they announced in May 2020. It varies from country to country.
How to Apply?
You can apply by clicking the button below:
To watch procedure on how to apply please watch