Applications are invited for Obama Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Chicago US.
This scholarship offered to avail a Master degree in Arts.
This program aims to focus International Development and Policy at the University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy.
- United States of America
- Master in Arts Studies.
- Scholarships are available in the field of International Development and Policy.
1. Tuition Fee and Expenses
2. Living Stipend
3. Books and course material expenses
4. Opportunities to gain out-of-classroom programming experience.
5. Travel Costs of these experiences.
Eligibility Program for the Scholarship in the US:
- All international students around the world can apply for this program.
- Notable work experience (3-5 years or more) and professional achievements with a clear portfolio of increasing impact.
- Proven record of community service or working for public good.
Either through a full-time professional role or significant engagement outside of primary employment.
- Have a clear stance on policy issues and global challenges.
Committed to return to his home country and take steps to solve public issues after the program completion.
The applicant has to apply online and provide following documents.
You will need to submit your Test of English as a Foreign Language scores
Code for Harris institution is 1849 and 1832. You can make your reservations to take the TOEFL with ETS directly.
You will also have the option of submitting other scores (e.g., IELTS, GRE, etc.), but the GRE is not mandatory.
3. Recommendation Letter
You will need a recommendation letter from a previous professor who knows all about you
4. Work Experience
Include your work experience, mention your responsibilities and job nature. You may upload a current resume reflecting this information along with your education, community service, professional honors, and any other relevant information.
5. Short Essays
- write a short about your work experience, whether be employment or volunteer work.
- Describe the impact of your work on the community.
- Also mention the challenges and achievements of your work in the essays.
- How did you overcome these challenges? (Maximum 400 words).
- Another essay that you need to write is what impact do you want to have on the world.
- How can Obama Scholars Program going to help you achieve that impact?
- What plans do you have after the program completion?
- What will you do if you are not selected? (Maximum 300 words).
- 1st November 2018