OPEC established OPEC Fund for International OFID Young Development Leaders Scholarship in 1976 as aid to the developing countries, a development finance institute.
OFID is a supporter of One Young World and has enabled more than 165 young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit since 2011.
This year OFID will sponsor 20 young leaders who are active in international development to participate in the One Young World Summit 2018 which takes place in The Hague, Netherlands from 17 – 20 October 2018.
Aim of OFID:
The purpose of the OFID is to cooperate with the developing countries and international donor to remove poverty and established good economic growth of these countries.
This is done by providing finance to
- Build essential infrastructure
- Strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity
What OFID do?
OFID’s work is people-centered which focuses on projects that meet basic needs with the aim to encourage self reliance and inspiration for the better future of the others – such as
- Clean water and sanitation
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation between 17 October and 20 October will be from the OFID.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner will be all free.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue from 17th Oct to 20th Oct.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials fees will be paid by the OFID.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague.
Who is Eligible?
- In order to apply applicant must be Aged 18 – 30.
- A national of one of the listed eligible countries is given below.
|Afghanistan||Albania||Antigua and Barbuda|
|Cambodia||Cameroon||Cape Verde||Central African Republic|
|Congo D.R.||Congo Republic||Costa Rica||Cote d’Ivoire|
|Egypt||El Salvador||Equatorial Guinea||Eritrea|
|Korea DPR||Kosovo||Kyrgyz Republic||Lao PDR|
|Panama||Papua New Guinea||Paraguay||Peru|
|Philippines||Rwanda||Samoa||Sao Tome and Principe|
|Senegal||Seychelles||Sierra Leone||Solomon Islands|
|Somalia||Sri Lanka||St. Kitts and Nevis||St. Lucia|
|St. Vincent and the Grenadines||Sudan||Suriname||Swaziland|
- One that has good Leadership ability.
- Ability to concern for local or global issues.
- One with the ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas.
- Those who can manage Teamwork.
- 20 July 2018
For more information about this opportunity and apply now, follow the links below:
Highlights of OFID 20017: