Dublin City University (DCU) is now inviting applications from qualified candidates for Ph.D. Scholarships in History and Geography
Dublin City University (DCU) ranked as one of the top 100 universities under 50 as per Times Higher Education. The School of History and Geography is a new school in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Science whose staff possess a strong research track record in Irish and European History, the Historical Geography of Ireland, social and physical Geography and geopolitics
Also apply for Centenary Undergraduate Scholarship in UK
- Eligible Nationalities: Studentship is available for Irish Students; UK Students, EU Students, International Students.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements.
- Degree Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
What are they offering
- Studentship valued €15,000 (£13,080 converted salary) plus fee waiver (Total value €21,000 – €27,000 will award.
To qualify for this program, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Successful candidates will be required to apply formally to be admitted as Ph.D. students by the University.
- They may also need to show proficiency in the English language.
- Successful candidates will begin their studies in late September 2018 and are expected to be ordinarily resident in Dublin for the duration of the programme.
- Following an informal interview with the relevant staff member,
- Applicants should send a full CV with contact details for two referees, the grades achieved in their undergraduate, and, where pertinent, their Masters’ degree with copies of transcripts, and a research proposal (c. 2000 words). Candidates should also indicate their prospective supervisor. Applications should be emailed, to james.kelly-at-dcu.ie by 14 June 2018