The Punjab Higher Education Commission is now accepting applications from the applicants from the eligible public sector college teachers/university faculty in Punjab. The objective of this fellowship program is to support faculty to improve their research and teaching skills.
- Country: Pakistan( Punjab)
- Sponsored By: Punjab Higher Education Commission, Pakistan
- Course level: Post-Doctoral Fellowships
- Course Duration: 9 -12 Months
Fields Of Study
Courses offered by the university/institute listed in top 300 universities according to the QS World University Rankings 2018
- Bench Fee = 0. 5
- Stipend = 1.44 (i.e. 0.12 Million per month)
- Travel (Airfare) = 0.15
- Reference Material = 0.075
- Medical/Health Insurance = 0.075
- Total Funds Required for 1 Scholar = 2.24
Note: Maximum Annual Funds (in PKR Millions)
Following are the 3 portions, through which Eligibility can easily be understood
Section 1: ( Eligible portion)
- Hold a Ph.D. Degree from an HEC recognized university.
- Maximum 52 years of age on a closing date.
- Be a regular (BPS & TTS) faculty of Public Sector Universities/Colleges chartered by Government of Punjab.
- Submit a clearly written research proposal, relevant to the academic field.
- Must have placement in a reputed university/institute listed in top 300 universities according to the QS World University Rankings 2018
Section 2 🙁 Non- Eligible portion)
- Dual nationals.
- Applicants who are already availing any other scholarship/fellowships.
- Applicants who are not full-time regular faculty in public sector college/university.
- Applicants who have availed any Post-Doctoral Fellowship in the last five (05) years.
Section 3: (Selection Criteria)
- Applicants, who have indigenous Ph.D., shall be given preference.
- Applicants whose age would be closer to 52 years and have no additional chance for availing Post-Doctoral fellowship may be given preference provided they fulfill the criteria.
- Candidate’s research contribution/papers.
- The number of MPhil/ Ph.D. students supervised.
- The strength of Research Proposal.
- The relevance of host supervisor’s profile with the research proposal.
- The number of years since award of the Ph.D. degree.
- Placement in QS high ranking University will be preferred.
- Online bank deposit slip of Rs. 1000 as a processing fee in favor of Punjab Higher Education Commission in the account titled “PHEC Accreditation Receivable” of Punjab Higher Education Commission Lahore, Bank of Punjab, Arfa Software Technology Park, Ferozepur Road Lahore.
- Application Form
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal
- Acceptance letter
- Attested copies of educational certificates/transcripts/degrees from issuing board/university or HEC.
- Appointment/regularization letter as regular permanent faculty in public sector college/ university.
- NOC from the relevant government department/university authorities.
- Candidate CV/Resume.
- Foreign Supervisor CV/Resume.
- Photocopy of CNIC.
- Photocopy of passport.
- 6th Feb, 2018