Currently, the Applications are ongoing for the RRNTC Media and Journalism Scholarships fully funded Netherlands. The students who are interested should see the following details.
If you are a journalist, blogger or a media manager, then this scholarship is exactly for you. The RNTC is actually a ‘Media Training Institute’. It has brought skills of career changing to a lot of media professionals, which are more than 3000, from all over the globe for more than 45 years.
It is offering Media and Journalism fellowships to young ‘Sub-Saharan Africans’ and ‘Students from developing countries’.
Courses available for scholarship:
The courses available for this scholarship are given below:
- Media campaigns
- Producing media to counter extremism
- Use of media for development
- Investigative journalism
The Netherlands is the host country.
Eligible Countries for the Scholarship:
African eligible countries are:
Angola, Benin, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Djibouti, DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Mauritania, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sudan, South Sudan, South Africa,Swaziland, Senegal,Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Other eligible developing countries include:
Afghanistan, Armenia, Albania, Autonomous Palestinian Territories, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Belize, Brazil, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cambodia, Colombia, Cuba, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Fiji, Georgia, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Iraq, Iran, Indonesia, Jordan, Kiribati, Kosovo, Laos, Macedonia, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Moldova, Nepal, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Philippines, Peru, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Syria, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen.
- Applicants must be from any of the country which are listed above.
- Applicants must be programme-makers, professional journalists, broadcast trainers or managers from the countries listed above.
How to Apply for the RNTC Fully-Funded Media and Journalism Scholarship:
The applicants who are interested will select any of the following courses to apply:
- Media Campaigns for Development and Social Change
- Producing Media to Counter Radicalization/Extremism
- Investigative Journalism
After selection from the courses given above, the applicants should make clear in their application to RNTC that their aim is to apply for an NFP or MSP scholarship. This option is included in the RNTC application form (available only for ‘NFP’ and ‘MSP’ courses, before the NFP/MSP deadline).
The documents required for application are given as under:
- Copy of a valid passport is required.
- A Government Statement (only if applicable for your country). You can check this overview to check if this applies for your country or not.
- An Employer’s Statement.
- A Motivational letter. The following questions should be address in your letter:
1) What is the main issue/problem, which you want to address in your country?
2) How the selected course will enable you to address this issue?
3) How will you address this issue, by considering your position within your organization?
Apply now, its for you
- 13th July 2018.