Table of Contents
- 1 Scottish Government Scholarship 2020-21
An amazing opportunity for the International students to study on scholarship in Scotland. Scottish Government Scholarship 2020-21 is offering masters studies in the field of science and technology, creative industries, healthcare, medical sciences, renewable and clean energy. Scottish Government Scholarship is for one year degree program.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Our chosen scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They have wide ranging interests outside their studies and a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships is a program of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
Saltire Scholars will also have the opportunity to take part in a program of activities over and above their studies, including dialogue with the academic and business community in Scotland. As one of our Saltire Scholars, you’ll act as an ambassador not only for the Saltire Scholarships program but also for Scotland.
- Canada Scholarships 2020 for International Students |Fully Funded
- Leeds International Summer School 2020 in UK | Summer Scholarships
- Renmin University of China CSC Scholarship 2020 | Masers & PhD
Scottish Government Scholarship 2020-21
- Master degree
- Scottish government
Duration of study
- Masters scholarships are available for one year of a postgraduate Master’s course at any of Scotland’s higher educational institutions.
Area of Study
Scottish Government Scholarship covers the following areas of study:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
- This includes a wide range of subjects across all of Scotland’s universities and higher education institutions.
- Courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland. Online, distance-learning or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for this Scottish scholarship.
Scottish Government Scholarship offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards the cost of tuition fees for one year of a postgraduate Masters course at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Note: Any additional expenses are beard by students.
Eligibility Criteria for Scottish Government Scholarship
In order to be eligible for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 1 June 2020.
All eligible candidates must have:
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- Willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the program of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
Saltire Scholars will be required to:
- Maintain a standard of conduct that will uphold the good reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Program and the institution at which they study.
- Actively participate in the program’s extra-curricular events. Scholars will participate in a welcome reception and an end of year conference. Scholars may be excused from attending in the event of exceptional circumstances.
- Support communications activity promoting Scotland and Scottish higher education, based on their own experience. This might include:
- Posting on social media about their time and experience in Scotland.
- Being available for an interview (including on camera) during either the welcome or end-of-year event, granting Scottish Government and the relevant university the right to use the text and footage indefinitely.
- Agreeing that the Scottish Government can use any photographs, blogs, quotes etc in connection with your Saltire Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
- In accordance with relevant data protection legislation, give consent to the use of their contact data in order to receive information on the Saltire program both during their studies and after graduation.
How to Apply for Scottish Government Scholarship 2020-21
- Click on the Apply Now Here button to proceed to Scotland scholarship online application form.
- You should fill all the blanks carefully and make sure that you click on the submit button after completing an online form.
Last Date to Apply for Scottish Government Scholarship
The last date to apply for Scottish Government Scholarship 2020-21 is 1st June 2020 at midnight GMT (Tuesday).
You can apply by clicking the button below: