The University of Oslo is delighted to announce 3 Postdoctoral Fellowships in Structural Biology and Drug Development. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship. The University of Oslo until 1939 named the Royal Frederick University is the oldest university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognized research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science or electrical engineering, or control engineering with excellent results. Good knowledge in programming and mathematics is preferable. Applicants must also be able to demonstrate the interest in scientific research
- Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Fields of study
- Fellowships are awarded in Structural Biology and Drug Development. Postdoctoral fellows will be supported in developing their own research area on their path to independence. We offer a stimulating environment with excellent working and social benefits in the Happiest Country on Earth.
What are they offering
- Salary: Postdoctoral Research Fellow (SKO 1352) with a salary level of NOK490,900–569,000 (app. €51,800-€60,400) per year, depending on qualifications.
- A Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry, or a related area
- Hands-on experience with extraction and purification of proteins and assembly of protein complexes (membrane protein experience preferred)
- Ability to independently perform experiments, analyze and interpret results
- Documented ability to write scientific manuscripts (one or more first author papers from Ph.D. and postdoctoral studies will be highly valued)
- Excellent English interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Ability to operate as a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment
How to apply
Application via website required and must include:
- Cover Letter stating motivation and research interests
- A detailed C.V.
- A complete list of scientific publications with the brief statement of candidate contribution
- List of references (name, institution, e-mail, telephone number and relation to the candidate)
[button-red url=”https://id.jobbnorge.no/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2Fauth%2Fauthorize%3Fclient_id%3Djobbnorge.jobseeker.angular%26redirect_uri%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.jobbnorge.no%252Fjobseeker%252FSignIn%26response_type%3Dtoken” target=”_self” position=”left”]Apply now[/button-red] [button-brown url=”https://www.jobbnorge.no/ledige-stillinger/stilling/146427/3-postdoctoral-fellowships-in-structural-biology-and-drug-development” target=”_self” position=”left”]Official Link [/button-brown]