TechWomen is giving opportunity by accepting the applications from females working in Technology/ STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) relevant fields with at least two years of professional experience. So that they can have a successful future, they can fulfill their dreams and inspire women and girls in their communities.
- Country: United States Of America ( USA)
- Institution: U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Organization: San Francisco or Mountain View, California, depending on the location of the participant’s host company
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Challenge themselves with new questions and concepts
- Collaborate with like-minded women in their fields on an innovative project
- Domestic airfare from San Francisco to Washington, D.C.
- Housing in San Francisco or Mountain View, California during the mentorship
- Explore the diverse communities of the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.
- Inspire the next generation of women and girls in their home countries
- Meals and incidentals
- Hotel stays in Washington, D.C.
- Ground transportation to the participant’s host company
- Local transportation to group program events in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C
Note: Participants of the TechWomen will have to pay for any non-program activities such as independent sightseeing and cultural events, as well as any non-program-related domestic or international travel
- A bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience do not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement.
- Eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the “visa lottery”) in the past five years.
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
- Citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program.
- January 17th, 2018
Selection Emails will be sent in May 2018.[mks_button size=”medium” title=”OFFICIAL LINK” style=”squared” url=”http://https://www.techwomen.org/” target=”_blank” bg_color=”#1e73be” txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″] [mks_button size=”medium” title=”APPLY NOW” style=”squared” url=”https://app.techwomen.org/application/” target=”_blank” bg_color=”#dd3333″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″]