Table of Contents
The UBC Fellowships in Canada welcome the world’s leading scientist with innovative perspectives about resolving new challenges facing by different communities, leading scientific and societal ground-breaking discoveries. The University of British Columbia is one of the best 100 universities in the entire world to nominate international candidates.
Its mission is to provide a huge platform to the world’s best aspiring minds with the ability to contribute to interdisciplinary projects with an effort to leave a lasting impact on the community. Fellows will get a deep understanding of how to advance scientific discovery by attending international workshops and individualized mentoring.
UBC fellows must have a desire and spirit to work across scientific disciplines and with diverse teams. Fellows should undertake a post-doctoral placement for one year. After completing a Ph.D. in one of the eligible subjects, a Fellow can successfully commence his or her fellowship at UBC. According to the Ph.D. disciplinary topic, fellow’s placement would be considered.
UBC Fellowships are looking for the glowing minds in the field of computer, natural sciences, engineering, and mathematics who are interested in expanding their knowledge.
UBC Fellowships in Canada 2020
- The University of British Columbia
- The participants will get reimbursed 4 residential meetings around the globe
- A stipend: $100,000 for a year.
- Natural Sciences
The eligibility criteria of the Schmidt Science Fellows program are given below:
- Canadian, Permanent Resident, and International candidate.
- Candidate must hold a graduate degree in Computing, Engineering, Natural Sciences (Earth Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Biology including Neurobiology).
- Must complete a Ph.D. or expected to be completed b/w 1st May to 30 June 2020. (Ph.D. has to be done from UBC).
- Must be available for the entire period from the July 2020- July 2021, including Global Meeting.
- Extraordinary achievement record.
- Alignment with the fellowship program.
- Scientific Ambitions and curiosity.
- Innovative ideas and spirit.
Note: For further information click here. FAQ
- CV of the candidate mentioning publications (three pages).
- Statement of Purpose from the candidate (one page).
- The proposal from the candidate (two pages).
Last Date to Apply
- Applications are to be closed in July 2020.
- The official website is as under: