Applications for the University of Tokyo Summer Internship 2021 are now open for submission. The Tokyo Summer Internship is for all students from around the world who are foreign students. IELTS are not needed. The Graduate School of Frontier Sciences is planning the University of Tokyo Internship. The internship period is from June 6 (Mon) to July 16 (Fri), 2021.
There are different fields available for the UTSIP internship. Participants studying in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Science, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Studies have the highest chance of being chosen.
There will be approximately 20 students participating this year. Via weekend activities and a field trip, participants will also be able to experience Japanese culture and world-leading Japanese technology.
Below are the full descriptions of the University of Tokyo internship.
Details About University of Tokyo Summer Internship:
- Country: Japan
- Audience: Undergraduates Students
- Duration: June 6 (Mon) to July 16 (Fri), 2021. (6 Weeks)
- Financial Coverage: Funded
- Deadline: February 1st, 2021
You might also be interested in
- OECD Internship Program 2021 in France | Application Open
- WHO Internship Program 2021 | Paid Internships
Coverage of finances:
- UTokyo provides participants with a UTSIP scholarship and lodging.
- UTSIP Scholarship Amount: JPY 110,000 (JPY 110,000 for Six Weeks is enough as Free Accommodation will also be offered.
- UTSIP accounts for the housing and pays
The GSFS health insurance plan offers:
- Benefits of death or physical disability: 1 million yen
- Health advantages: 1 million yen
- Liability: 100 million yen
- No Airfare Tickets will be Provided.
Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies.
Division of Transdisciplinary Sciences
● Advanced Materials Science
● Advanced Energy
● Complexity Science and Engineering
Division of Biosciences
● Integrated Biosciences
● Computational Biology and Medical Sciences
Division of Environmental Studies
● Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
● Environment Systems
● Human and Engineered Environment Studies
● Socio-cultural Environmental Studies
● International Studies
● Graduate Program in Sustainability Science
Notes For Exemption from Visa:
If a Visa Exemption Arrangement has been reached between your country of origin and Japan, you may enter Japan without a visa. For the 66 countries with which Japan has such an arrangement, please check this website.
If there is NO Visa Exemption Arrangement between the country of your nationality and Japan, you will need a visa to enter Japan. The Office of UTSIP will issue the required documentation that you need to apply for a visa for a short term stay.
Criteria for Qualifying:
- Participants must be in their undergraduate program for the entire length of the UTSIP program at an overseas college or university, and may not have completed their BA/BS degree.
- Participants considering enrolling in graduate studies at the Frontier Sciences Graduate School or other graduate schools at the University of Tokyo, or elsewhere in Japan
- Participants are expected to take part in all the activities coordinated by UTSIP, including workshops, laboratory work, and special events.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your transcript
- Recommendation letter
- Certificate of Registration
- Certificate of English proficiency (Applicants who are a student at a university where English is the official language)
- Copy of your passport
- Picture in digital data
For the University of Tokyo Summer Internship 2021, the last date to apply is 1 February 2021.
How to Apply:
You must apply via the Online Application Framework of UTSIP.