The School of English at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) is accepting applications for PhD Scholarship in Intercultural Communication for 2018 Entry. One 3-year PhD scholarship is accessible for up to three years, subject to satisfactory progression.
The University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an overseas campus of the University of Nottingham, arranged in the city of Ningbo in the coastal province of Zhejiang, close Shanghai, China. The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the main Sino-foreign university to open its entryways in China.
Set up in 2004, with the full approval of the Chinese Ministry of Education, we are controlled by The University of Nottingham with co-task from Zhejiang Wanli Education Group, a key player in the training division in China.
Students whose first language isn’t English or their entrance capabilities were not gotten from a nation/district where English is the local language, are required to give attractive confirmation of their capability in English.
- June 29, 2018
- Scholarship is available for PhD programme.
Scholarship is awarded in Intercultural Communication. The available PhD scholarship will support the candidate to investigate a topic in Intercultural Communication of the candidate’s interest. In the meantime to add to the administration of an EU-funded research project RICH-Ed (Resources for Interculturality in Chinese Higher Education).
The available PhD scholarships cover:
- Tuition fee
- on-campus accommodation for PhD candidate only (accommodation type is based on availability)
Monthly stipend (RMB 3,500)
- Medical insurance with designate providers
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression
- All regulations set out in the UNNC PGR Scholarship Policy apply to this scholarship
- In addition to the above scholarship, successful candidates also have the opportunity to carry out paid teaching or research assistant duties at UNNC.
Scholarshipcan be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a first class honours undergraduate degree or 65% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions
- Candidates must meet the required English language capability for the applicable branch of knowledge
- More details can be found on the ‘entry requirements’ page of the website
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area. Students whose first language is not English or their entry qualifications were not obtained from a country/region where English is the native language, are required to provide satisfactory evidence of their proficiency in English.
How to Apply:
Please email scanned copies of the following documents to PHDadmissions-at-nottingham.edu.cn by 16:00 (China time) on June 29, 2018. All documents must be in English.
If original documents are not in English, a translated English version is required in addition to the original one. An application missing any of the following documents (except for English language score) is incomplete and will not be considered.
- A completed application form (all fields filled)
- A research proposal
- Copies of degree certificates for undergraduate and postgraduate studies (Xueli certificates are required too for applicants from Chinese universities)
- Official transcripts with marks for all individual modules/courses from undergraduate and postgraduate studies (with official university stamp)
- English language test score (IELTS/ PTE academic) (not required for native English speakers)
- Two references (must be emailed directly by the referees)
- A copy of ID or passport (both sides of an ID card required)
- An electronic copy of passport-sized photo taken within three months of this application
- A copy of your Masters’ dissertation, or a published paper or conference paper, or a sample of your module assignment