Table of Contents
In 2006, Amgen Scholars Program was first introduced in the USA, then in 2008 it was introduced in Europe and at last, in 2015 it was in Japan. The aim of this program is to give chance to undergraduate students from different countries who are and are considering a career in biology or related sciences and looking to continue to graduate studies, with eight weeks of biomedical research experience in the basic and translational sciences.
- Country: Japan
- Institution: 31 laboratories from five Graduate Schools / Institutes.
- Sonporsed By: UTokyo Amgen
- Course level: Undergraduate Program
- Course Duration: Eight weeks
- Stipends: Amount varies depending on the location of the university/college that you currently belong to:
- For Asia/Oceania = 450,000 JPY
- For Europe / North, Central and South America = 500,000 JPY
- For Africa / Middle East = 600,000 JPY
- For Japan = 300,000 JPY
- At the minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and
- Not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter
- Have good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language.
- Have an interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
- Scanned copy of Passport or ID card
- Portrait photo
- Academic Transcript
- Proof of your English proficiency test score
- Resume/CV and Cover letter: Download and complete the designated form below. Please save your documents as a Word file (e.g. .doc/docx). Resume_CV_Coverletter_UTokyoASP2018 (26KB)
- Questionnaire: Download and complete the designated form below. Please save your documents as an Excel file (e.g. .xls/xlsx). Questionnaire_UTokyoASP2018 (10KB)
- Letter of Reference: Every Participant is required to nominate two people to provide letters of reference, one of whom must be a faculty member currently involved in teaching one of the courses you are taking.
- Reference Letters must include the letter of Reference must state your Applicant Number, which appears under your photo when you create your T-cens SP account.
- Your application will not be considered unless all the required documents, including the Letter(s) of Reference, are received by the application deadline.
- 1st Feb 2018