In 1961 World Press Institute ( WPI) has started working.Since then this fellowship program has brought almost 600 international journalist form 100 countries to the United States of America.The aims of WPI fellowship is to provide immersion into the governance, politics, business, media, journalistic ethics and culture of the United States for experienced international journalists, through a demanding schedule of study, travel, and interviews throughout the country.
- Country: United States Of America (USA)
- Institute: World Press Institute
- Organization: Fellows of WPI fellowship program will spend three weeks in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, and after that, they will travel to different U.S. cities, including New York and Washington, D.C., for briefings, interviews, and visits.
- No . Of Fellowship: 10
- A modest daily per diem for food is provided
- Personal expenses, such as cameras, film, postage, and clothing, are the responsibility of the fellows.
- Traveling cost to and from the US
- Lodging Cost
- Transportation cost within the US
- Journalism-related work done as a university student does not count towards experience.
- People who work in public relations or at organizations whose primary business is not the media are not eligible
- The fellows must be currently working as a non-U.S. journalist working outside of the United States.
- Fellows must have at least five (5) years full-time employment in print, broadcast, or online journalism.
- Photojournalists, editorial cartoonists, columnists and broadcast producers are also eligible
- Fellows must be fluent in English. Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Fellows must have Potential for leadership
- Those supervisors who supervise journalists are eligible to apply but they must have at least five of years experience as a working journalist.
- The fellows must agree to complete the entire program and will go back to their home countries after the completion of the program.
- The WPI will write the blog, WPI Reports for the WPI Web site and submit three different stories for WPI’s online partners during their fellowship.
- Regular reviews and assessments are required.
- The WPI fellows have to participate in different roundtable discussions about their insights into the U.S. or international journalism issues.
- Fellows must have respect for the journalist from the other cultures and countries.
- All the selected WPI fellows are required for and take part in all briefings and all other scheduled WPI events.
- Fellows will able to travel a lot and will be able to change venues frequently.
- Color photo of yourself
- Work samples
- Awards, fellowships,
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two essays are required as part of the online application. They are:
- Please describe your professional goals and achievements (in 200-500 words)
- Why are you seeking a WPI Fellowship? What do you expect to gain? What do you expect to contribute? (200-500 words)
- Applicant information
- Employment history and education
The application form is very simple. Please read all given details before starting the online application. Once you are done with reading all the information, Please begin your application. Carefully fill the information and check your form twice before submitting.
- February 16, 2018.
[mks_button size=”medium” title=”How To Apply” style=”squared” url=”http://https://worldpressinstitute.org/apply#eligibility” target=”_blank” bg_color=”#dd3333″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″] [mks_button size=”medium” title=”Official Link” style=”squared” url=”https://worldpressinstitute.org/” target=”_blank” bg_color=”#dd9933″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″]